Home, safe home? Not always, but help is just a call away

Did you know that most poisonings happen at home? A lot of these poisonings are by little kids, who learn through trial and error. They explore their surroundings and put things in their mouth. Here are some examples:

  • An 18-month-old boy gets into a purse and gets cortisone skin cream all over his hands, face and neck.
  • A 2-year-old girl gets into her vitamin bottle and her mother doesn’t know how many she’s eaten.
  • A 1-year-old girl is playing with a tube of diaper cream and bites on the tube, getting a mouthful of cream.

Rather than going to the emergency room and waiting hours to get help for poisonings like these, you can call the poison center at no charge and get immediate help. Poison centers are available 24 hours a day calls are answered by trained health care professionals, who can save you time and money in an emergency.The poison center can save you time

Just call 1-800-222-1222 or visit www.nnepc.org to chat online.

This entry was posted in Poison Prevention. Bookmark the permalink.