Grant-Funded Education Programs
The NNEPC’s education grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration targets specific populations:
- Bhutanese refugees in New Hampshire and Vermont
- Native American communities in Maine
- Older adults in Piscataquis County (ME), Coos County (NH), Caledonia County (VT), Essex County (VT)
- Rural residents in Washington County (ME), Coos County (NH), Caledonia County (VT) and Essex County (VT)
- Spanish-speakers in Maine
The Vermont Department of Health funded an NNEPC medication abuse prevention program for high schools in 2011 and 2012. It is still possible for high schools to join the program, but some reimbursement for educator travel and an education kit may be required.
The American Association of Poison Control Centers is funding a poison prevention program for Head Starts in Waldo County, Maine.